All On Georgia

Electrocuted lineman recovering in Augusta

A lineman from Arkansas was electrocuted in Ocilla, GA on Wednesday. Marshal Freeman was working to help restore power when he was injured around 6:30 p.m.

Freeman was sent to a local hospital and life-flighted to the Augusta Burn Center where he remains in serious condition.

The truck is still at the site where Freeman was working.

Georgia Power officials released this statement following the incident:

“The injured lineman was not a Georgia Power employee. The safety of Georgia Power crews and all of the personnel working with us around the clock to restore power for customers following Hurricane Irma is our top priority. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the lineman.”